Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Few Funny Things Happened

On Wednesday we went to Tamagawa Pre-school. This is the school Willem went to when we were here last time, so we all go together and spend the day at the school. At lunch time we usually split up and eat with different classes. I (Christy) ate with the four year old class. I think I got the best table company. One little boy entertained me throughout the meal with his questions. Of course there was the usual "Why are your eyes blue?". Then this little boy came up with some new stuff. First he asked me if Alina (the previous teacher) had a cold. Alina has been gone since mid-December. That is one bad cold. Then he asked me if I had had a baby. I said yes, over two years ago. He said "oh two years ago a baby came out of your mouth." I said "not quite", and left it at that.

Later that evening we were on our way home on the train. Xavier was upset as we got on the train because he refused to eat his dinner so we refused to give him candy. An older Japanese man who had some sake after work generously gave his seat to Terence and Xavier. He was very concerned about Xavier and he also thought he was cute. So for the 15 minute ride he tried to comfort Xavier and pet his head and hand and talked to Terence about the challenges of parenting. This man also had three sons. He was really very sweet. I got to thinking about what he would tell his wife when he got home. You see blond heads are very rare here and to see three of them in various sizes is virtually unheard of. So he tells his wife I gave up my seat on the train to a little blond boy, then behind me was another little blond boy slightly bigger and next to him was bigger blond boy. Will she believe him or think that he had way to much to drink.

No comments: